Thursday, April 5, 2007

Youth Ministry Quiet Time

Youth Ministry Quiet Time

 

Feel free to send the following to your group for use in their quiet time...

 

Think of a time in your past when someone forgave you of something. Maybe it was something small or maybe you were shown forgiveness on a large scale. As a seminary student I once cheated on an internet test…I know, cheating is bad; but cheating in seminary has to be an all time low! Even worse, I cheated on a test given by my favorite professor- a man I respected and considered my mentor.

 

I didn't sleep much that night because I felt so guilty. Have you ever been in that situation before? The next morning the first thing I did was go to him and tell him what I had done. Right in front of him and a few other students I broke down and started to cry in my shame. I deserved to be accused and have my grade changed to a zero. Instead, he grabbed me and hugged me and said, "I respect your honesty and I feel a close bond with you that I know will last through our lives." Then he told me that he forgave me and would never hold what I did against me. In fact, he didn't even change my grade!

None of us deserve forgiveness when we do something wrong, but fortunately forgiveness is about getting what we don't deserve. God calls that grace! As a Christian you have been shown the most amazing grace ever: forgiveness from all your sins! David had a pretty amazing understanding of God's forgiveness. Read Psalm 51:1-12 and underline or write down the words you would equate with forgiveness.

Memory Verse this week: Psalm 130:3-4


"If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O LORD, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are to be feared." (NIV)


The Message says it this way: "If you God, kept records on wrongdoings, who would stand a chance? As it turns out, forgiveness is your habit, and that's why you're worshiped."

In your prayer time today thank God for His forgiveness and remember that is continual. God doesn't keep score of our sins, but He willingly forgives us. You can pray something like this: Jesus, thank you for my freedom from the bondage of sin! Continue to open my spiritual eyes to see you more clearly. You bore my sins- I'll bear your Majestic Name!

Quote of the Week:
No man ever loved like Jesus. He taught the blind to see and the dumb to speak. He died on the cross to save us. He bore our sins. And now God says, "Because He did, I can forgive you." - Billy Graham

 

Your Partners in Ministry,

Paul & Al

 

 

Click Here for 6 Plus

 

 

 

Get in the Zone

 

Join the Zone now and get an gain instant access to a Youth Ministry Goldmine!

Over 300 Bible Lessons -Over 800 Youth Ministry Training Articles

Plus a Whole LOT more!

 

Not a Member of The Youth Ministry Zone? Get the details here

 

http://www.teenlifeministries.com/thezone