Thursday, March 8, 2007

Youth Ministry Tips

Youth Ministry Sudden Impact

 

The following is from Teen Life's Sudden Impact Series. You can copy the story/ study and email it to your teens, or print and hand it out...

 

================

 

When I was in the sixth grade I started a new school. I sat across the isle from a guy who was about twice my size. He was a little over six feet tall and had the biggest arms I had ever seen. He was intimidating just to look at. You would think that at any time he could chew you up and spit you out.

 

As the weeks went by we became close friends. I soon learned that not only did he have a big body but he had an even larger heart. All the way through jr. and sr. high school we were the best of friends. If I was not at his house, he was at mine. One thing I soon learned about this friendship was that it was not just a surface type friendship. It was the kind of friendship that if I needed help at the spur of the moment, he was there.

 

There were times when I wanted us to do something mischievous or get into something that I shouldn't and he would stop me. There were times when I would say something about someone and he would correct me. I soon learned that only a true friend would try to make me a better person.

Proverbs 28:23 says, "Those who correct others will later be liked more than those who give false praise."

1. How do your friends help you in your walk with God?

2. How do you help your friends with their walk with God?

3. How do you determine whether a person is a good friend?
 

4. How do you choose your friends?



Proverbs 13:20 "Spend time with the wise and you will become wise, but the friends of fools will suffer."
 

Proverbs 14:7 "Stay away from fools because they can't teach you anything."

I Corinthians 15:33 "Do not be fooled: Bad friends will ruin good habits."
 

John 14:18 "I will not leave you alone like orphans; I will come back for you."


John 15:12-14 "This is my command: Love each other as I have loved you. The greatest love a person can show is to die for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you."

Today pray that God will give you the strength and wisdom to choose the right friends. Pray that He will put people in your life that will help you get to heaven and also someone you can help get to heaven.
 

==============
 

Zone Members: 42 More "Sudden Impact" Studies

 

Your Partners in Ministry,

Paul & Al

 

 

 

 

Get in the Zone

 

Join the Zone now and get an gain instant access to a Youth Ministry Goldmine!

 

Not a Member of The Youth Ministry Zone? Get the details here

 

http://www.teenlifeministries.com/thezone